This course reviews musculoskeletal ultrasound of the extremities including anatomy, scanning protocols, and pathology.
This course will be of interest to radiologists, sonography technologists, and health care providers in the fields related to musculoskeletal system. Those without musculoskeletal ultrasound experience, as well as those wanting to refine skills are both welcome.
- Become familiar with the anatomy of the extremities
- List the basic components of extremity ultrasound scanning technique
- Scan a subject using ultrasound and recognize major anatomical structures
- Recognize common pathology of the musculoskeletal system as seen at ultrasound
- Concurrent Introductory and Intermediate Tracks with live scanning demonstrations
- Lectures from both tracks will be recorded and made available after the course
- Hands-on scanning workshops will be in small groups with model supervised by a faculty
- Additional independent scanning open to participants each afternoon
- Opportunity to use and compare several ultrasound machines from various companies
- Afternoons also free for independent study, relaxation or recreation
- Continental breakfast included each morning
- Friday evening reception with live music by the band Jenn and Tonic with special guests
- Optional one-on-one 1-hour personalized scanning session with a faculty
- Optional Saturday afternoon Interventional Program: lectures and hands-on workshop using animal model
Suggested for participants who are developing scanning techniques and joint scanning protocols.
Additional Optional Sessions
One-on-One Supervised Screening (Optional)
Reserve an add-on 1-hour Saturday scanning session (11 am – noon) with one-on-one supervision by one of the course faculty. This is a great opportunity to refine specific scanning skills ranging from fundamental to advanced. Registration is limited.
Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Program (Optional)
This add-on Saturday afternoon program (1 – 4 pm) includes didactic lectures covering Introductory Track topics (fundamentals of needle guidance and review of common musculoskeletal ultrasound interventional procedures) or Intermediate Track topics (tendinopathy clinical management, tenotomy, prolotherapy, and PRP). Both Tracks include supervised hands-on interventional session using animal model (turkey breast and pig’s feet) to practice needle guidance.
Why You Should Attend
Use and compare ultrasound machines from a variety of providers. Additional, independent scanning open to participants each afternoon.
- Recognize common pathology for the musculoskeletal system as seen at ultrasound;
- Become familiar with ultrasound-guided interventional techniques
Personal, Hands-On Experience
- Limited registration ensures ample experience with the technology and close supervision
- Optional 1-hour session provides one-on-one supervised scanning
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
207 Fifth Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
Know that old proverb about all work and no play? Well, it’s true. Once you’ve registered for the 2024 Fundamentals of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, you’ll want to make plans to explore the many must-see sights in beautiful San Diego, California.
We look forward to meeting with you in San Diego!
2023 Industry Partners
This event would not be possible without the generous support of the following organizations.